Who doesn’t love traveling around? But most of us don’t travel thinking it’s too expensive. All you need is an investigative eye to explore things and know how to find the right traveling deals; you can end up having a very economical trip.
Considering commoners who have no or minimal traveling experience, we decided to give you a peek into where we go for travel deals. Priceline — a company with which you can conveniently purchase air tickets and rent hotel rooms, cruises, and cars at very reasonable prices.
Good news: we have compiled a comprehensive guide reviewing Priceline’s deals, their benefits over other companies, and Below, we will review the deals by Priceline, their pros and cons, and how you can get the best out of them. So, let’s dig in.
My Priceline Review
Deals From Priceline That Will Leave You In Awe
Here we are going to discuss deals and offers from Priceline. You can check the details and select any of them which suits you best.
Priceline Express Deals
This is one of the most budget-friendly deals you will come across. Customers can save up to 40% on their flights and up to 60% on hotel stays by availing themselves of Priceline Express Deals.
You might be thinking that this is too good to be true. Well, to your amazement, this is actually true. There are some significant factors involved in this.
When you are booking through Flight Express Deals, you will have a list of several airlines. The thing here is that you will not know about the exact name and itinerary of the airline you will fly in.
The management only reveals the name of the airline and itinerary once you confirm the booking. They also show only the general flight timing to the user, such as evening takeoff or morning takeoff, and reveal the exact time after you purchase the ticket.
The same is the case with Hotel Express Deals, with which you can book a hotel room at a very reasonable price. However, according to the deals, you won’t get the hotel’s name and exact location until you confirm your booking.
If you are looking for a hotel you can check before making a final booking, Priceline Pricebreaker is for you. It is another feature rolled out by Priceline which you can use to book hotel rooms at very low prices.
When you go with this feature, the website shows you three similar hotels that fit your price range, travel dates, and guest count in the city you are traveling to. Priceline will show you the average booking price of these hotels and make you an offer less than all those prices.
And just like the Express Deals, you will know the name of the hotel in which you will live after the confirmation of booking.
Priceline Reward Visa Card
The company offers a Priceline Visa Reward card for loyal customers, which can be a gamechanger for the people using Priceline regularly. This is a no-annual fee card issued by Barclays. Some of its benefits are listed below.
- Five points per dollar spent on Priceline purchases and 1 point per dollar paid on other eligible purchases.
- Chance of earning a rebate of 10% on redeeming points for eligible travel purchases.
- It has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Note: If you do not use the Priceline Visa Reward card for six consecutive billing cycles, you’ll risk losing any accumulated rewards.
Tonight Only Deals
Priceline’s mobile app has the exclusive feature of Tonight Only Deals. It is a “saving on the go” feature, which can be very helpful for last-minute check-in. All the offers shown in this feature expire the next day.
In addition to this, there are many other exclusive flight and rental car deals on the app. The app is also helpful for booking and managing your traveling from anywhere, anytime, even offline.
Booking Flights, Rooms, And Cars Are Only A Step Away
Below is the complete and easy guide of how you can book your flight, rooms, and rent cars on Priceline.
Step-by-step Guide to Book Flight on Priceline
For booking a flight through Priceline, follow the following steps:
- Enter the details of your trip, such as the city you are departing from and your destination, dates, cabin, and several passengers along with you.
- You can apply the filters such as stops, departure and arrival time, travel duration, and airline name.
- If you have flexible traveling dates, you can apply this option to get price variables.
- Once you have selected the flight, you will get to choose your seat number. After that, you will need to enter your billing and passenger details.
Step-by-step Guide to Book Hotel on Priceline
The procedure of booking a hotel room via Priceline is now just a click away. Follow the instructions given below:
- Open the hotel booking page on the website, and give your destination, dates of checking-in and checking-out, and number of rooms you want to book
- You will get a list of hotels sorted by the general rating and prices, but you can change that by applying the filters of your choice.
- Before you proceed to confirm the hotel’s booking, make sure you have read its terms and conditions.
- Once you are done giving the personal information and are ready to make the payment, they will ask you also to purchase the Trip Protection. If you have a genuine travel rewards credit card, you don’t need to spend money on this.
Step-by-step Guide to Book Rental Car on Priceline
Priceline has access to book rental cars from major rental companies such as Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz. National, and SIXT so you can roam around the town with ease. Here is how you can do so:
- Go to the rental car page on the Priceline website, and enter the airport or the city you’re traveling to, date and time of pick-up/drop-off.
- You can also apply filters such as vehicle type, company, price, and fuel type. The website will show you the list according to your sorting choice.
- After that, you will get the terms and conditions page. These are different for different companies.
- After agreeing to the companies’ terms, you will have to enter your contact and driver information along with some optional information.
- Before you confirm your booking, you will also get the option to purchase collision damage protection. First, you should be aware of what rental car coverage comes with the credit card you use.
Step-by-step Guide to Book Bundle & Save on Priceline
Thanks to Priceline, you can book a complete trip simultaneously and that too at a discounted price. Priceline gives you the option to bundle a combination of flight, hotel, and rental car while keeping it light on your pocket. Below are the steps to book a travel package:
- Go to the bundle+save tab, and check an option from “hotel + flight”, “hotel + flight + car”, “flight + care” and “hotel + car”.
- Enter the city from where you are going to depart and arrive, dates of your trip, number of adults, and rooms.
- Follow the same procedure mentioned above for each of the hotel, flight, and rental cars separately.
- Once you select these, you will get two different totals: per person total and total trip price combined.
- In the end, give passengers information and billing dates, and proceed with your booking confirmation.
Why Booking With Priceline Is Worth It?
Priceline offers exceptional services, making its booking worth it.
Priceline VIP Benefits
Priceline VIP program is excellent for its loyal customers to have exceptional and mind-blowing discounts and benefits. The prices of hotel rooms, flights, and rental cars for VIPs are lesser than any common customers. You can quickly sign up for this program.
The deals offered by Priceline are unmatched, and one can save a handsome amount in terms of travel expenses. Thanks to these deals, the customers can save up to 40% and 60% on flight and hotel prices, respectively, and that too without compromising the quality of anything.
Best Price Guarantee
Another best feature of Priceline is the Best Price Guarantee. If the Priceline member can find a deal at a lower price within 24 hours, he can claim the difference. If you can find a lower price on an Express Deal up to midnight before you travel, you will be eligible to claim 200% of the difference.
Cons of Booking with Priceline
Following are some cons of using Priceline for booking.
Finding Best Prices can be Tricky for Some People
Finding the best deal on Priceline can be a bit confusing for some of us. Especially seeing the right hotel and flights through Express Deals can be challenging. If not done carefully, you can end up in a difficult situation.
Different Offers on App and Website
Another problem I have observed while using Priceline is its different deals and prices on its mobile application and website. You will have to put some effort into comparing the values and prices on both of them. There are even some website-only and app-only deals too.
Non-refundable and Non-changeable Bookings
Obviously, the deals offered by Priceline are great in saving money in terms of hotel, flight, and rental car purchases, but there are limitations too. Most of the bookings we do use these deals are non-refundable, non-changeable, and non-transferable.
We all know plans change, and we sometimes have to cancel things at the last moment. Especially in times of COVID-19, this limitation is a dealbreaker.
The Bottom line
Traveling is not super convenient and budget-friendly, and the credit goes to Priceline Bookings. If you look around, you get to see incredible deals all the time. Some of them don’t actually last for too long, and in those cases, you’ll have to act quickly, while others do stay for months. It’s just a matter of how much an expert you are in exploring and searching for the right deals.
Priceline is an unmatched option for travelers. While the deals it offers do have some drawbacks, such as not knowing the exact time and date of flights or the name of the hotel or rental car company, if you are savvy enough and can plan properly, you can save yourself some bucks.