Say Hello to My Little List: The Top Scarface Quotes of All Time
Are you a fan of crime movies? What are some of your favorites? If you’ve had this love for some time, you are probably familiar with the movie Scarface. Notably, other than the thrill and violence in the movie, some quotes may remain engraved in your mind for a very long time. Please read on to read these great Scarface quotes.
This is a 1983 American crime drama masterpiece directed by Brian De Palma, produced by Martin Bregman, and written by Oliver Stone. The film is about a Cuban refugee, Tony Montana, who gets whatever he feels he deserves from the world regardless of the cost. The main themes derived from Scarface are power, money, success, and being a tough guy.
Nonetheless, the ultra-violent movie is a remake of 1932’s Scarface; The Shame of a Nation. Scarface is a classic and one of the greatest gangster films worth watching. However, who are the main actors?
The following are the main actors in Scarface;
- Al Pacino as Tony Montana: This is the protagonist in Scarface. The lead character faces a variety of situations. He makes decisions that take him from being disadvantaged to becoming a powerful cocaine kingpin. Interestingly, some of them make you question your morality and decision-making in life. The determined drug lord faces discrimination as a Cuban immigrant in the United States. Notably, he worked himself to the top and succeeded, never letting anything get in his way. He finally succumbs.
- Steven Bauer as Manny Ribera: He is Tony Montana’s brother-in-law, having fallen in love with and later marrying Tony’s younger sister, Gina. Also, he is known as Chico and is enemies with Frank Lopez. He rises together with Tony, his friend, to the top of the Miami cocaine business. The two formerly served in prison while in Cuba. He is later shot by his friend, Tony.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Elvira Hancock: This fictional character was formerly Frank Lopez’s girlfriend but later becomes Tony Montana’s wife. Their marriage breaks down despite their expensive wedding. She is deep into cocaine to the point she gets addicted. Besides, she complains that all Tony does is focus on his business.
- Robert Loggia as Frank Lopez: The aging antagonist is a Miami drug lord, formerly Tony Montana’s employer. He is the leader of the Lopez Cartel and has anyone threatening his business killed. There is tension between him and Tony. Thus, he is Tony’s main rival. Manny later kills Lopez.
- Paul Shenar as Alejandro Sosa: The fictional character is an antagonist in Scarface. He is a Bolivian drug lord, born to a father who became wealthy from cocaine. He would later expand his operations, cultivated coca, had a factory for refining it into cocaine, and later supply it. Besides, Sosa is one of the most powerful cocaine dealers in South America. He later employed Tony Montana and Omar Suarez, who formerly worked for Frank Lopez.
- Mary Elizabeth Manstrantonio as Gina Montana: She is Tony Montana’s younger sister. Her brother is overly protective of her. She takes care of her mother in Cuba and at the same time, takes classes for a certificate in hairdressing. She later marries Manny Ribera and is killed by Alejandro Sosa’s assassins.
If you haven’t watched the thrilling movie and do not know what transpires, why not read the Scarface quotes below to glimpse some of the film’s most intense scenes?
20 Scarface Quotes
Below are 20 best Scarface quotes that reaffirm that there is more to life than what you may be hungrily pursuing, from drugs and success to making money;
“In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”- Tony Montana
“I’m Tony Montana! You f*ck with me, you f*ckin’ with the best!”- Tony Montana
“I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.”-Tony Montana
“Don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed.”-Frank Lopez
“Don’t get high on your own supply.”-Elvira Hancock
“You’re gonna find, if you stay loyal in this business, you’re gonna move up fast.”- Frank Lopez
“Every day above ground is a good day.”- Tony Montana
“Okay, here’s the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education, but that’s okay. I know the street, and I’m making all the right connections. With the right woman, there’s no stopping me. I could go right to the top.” Tony Montana
“The only thing in this world that gives orders is balls.”-Tony Montana
“All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break ’em for no one.”-Tony Montana
“Nothing exceeds like excess. You should know that, Tony.”- Elvira Hancock
“You can’t tell me what to do, Tony. No more, I am not a baby anymore. I’ ’ll do what I wanna do. I’ll see whoever I wanna see. And if I wanna fuck ’em, Tony, then I’ll fuck ’em!”- Gina Montana
“You got nothing to do with your life, man. Why don’t you get a job? Do something, be a nurse. Work with blind kids, lepers, that kind of thing. Anything beats you waiting all day, waiting for me to fuck you, I’ll tell you that.”- Tony Montana
“Don’t toot your horn, honey, you’re not that good.”- Elvira Hancock
“It’s those guys, Manny. It’s the fucking bankers, the politicians, they’re the ones that want to make coke illegal! So, they can make fucking money and they get the fucking votes, they’re fighting the bad guys, they’re the bad guys! They fuck anything and anyone. Fuck, fucking bankers!” –Tony Montana
“The world is yours, chico, and everything in it. So say goodnight to the bad guy.”- Tony Montana
You’re good looking, you got a beautiful body, beautiful legs, beautiful face, all these guys in love with you. Only you got a look in your eye like you haven’t been f*cked in a year!”-Tony Montana
“I got ears, ya know. I hear things.”-Tony Montana
“I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.”- Tony Montana
“Every dog has his day.”-Tony Montana
Did you have a favorite Scarface quote from the movie? Some of Tony Montana’s quotes are relevant today, many years after the movie was released. So, if you haven’t watched the movie yet, why not let these Scarface quotes drive you toward the entertainment, thrill, and education that the movie has?